Application Criteria for Food & Drink Stallholders
In addition to our surf and salty lifestyle stalls, Summer x Salt attracts a number of high quality food and beverage stalls.
Our food section is hugely popular at all of our beachside events and is constantly growing in demand.
The Summer x Salt Markets are a great way for you (food stallholders) to interact directly with new and existing audiences, gain face-to-face feedback and have a whole lot of fun while your products are shared with our community.
A large part of maintaining our superior standard at events is due to the care and commitment we take with our application process.
Below, we’ve provided extensive information regarding the application process as well as our selection criteria specifically designed for food and beverage applications below.
Please have a read through the criteria and feel free to get in touch via [email protected] if you have any questions or need further advice.
What we’re looking for:
- Creative, fresh and thoughtfully-designed breakfast / brunch options using locally sourced ingredients
- Food and beverage options that cater for vegan, gluten free and plant based clientele
- Food-related products that maintain a ‘maker’ or ‘artisan’ aspect
- Food-related products that fit within the overall vision of The Summer x Salt Markets and maintain high presentation standards
Important notes :
- Food and beverage stalls will be provided with access to a maximum of 2 x 15 amps. Additional power connections and usage will require an additional fee.
- All electrical equipment must be tested and tagged by an approved person as per AS/NZS 3760.
- Stallholders using gas or electrical appliances must have a suitable fire extinguisher or fire blanket on site.
- Reusable serve wear will be supplied to you by GO2CUP to replace any disposable packaging.
- Preferred packaging for takeaway items is to be certified commercially compostable and or recyclable. Single-use plastic will not be permitted onsite.
- No Coca-Cola Amatil products or plastic-bottled beverages are permitted onsite
- You will only be accepted if you have approval to trade within The City of Stirling and up to date insurance.
- All food stalls must present their stalls in a neat and clean way. Signage and menu boards must be of high standard, clearly displaying business name, product offering and price points.
- Vendors who use power must bring their own back up generator in the case of an electrical fault.