Aligning with United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
As sustainability is at the core of what we do and why we bring people together. We are using our salty efforts to align with a global framework in a holistic and embedded manner.
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS), provide a blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. SDGs play a key role in the system wide implementation of the 2030 Agenda. (for more information visit: https://sdgs.un.org/goals)
Have a read below and find out which SDGS we are contributing to and most importantly how!
SDG Goal 3: Good health and wellbeing
Objective: To inspire healthier communities by connecting people to real humans and shared experiences outdoors.
- Meditation and sound healing activities to increase mental health and happiness
- Yoga, pilates, morning swims ice baths and hula hooping to keep people active and moving
- Predominantly Plant based food options on offer
SDG Goal 4: (4.7) Quality Education
Objective: Connecting and educating people on living more lightly. And supporting socially and ethically conscious products and services for a better world.
- Monthly beach cleans with Coastal Clean Up crew and education on litter and zero waste living.
- Educating the public on waste and how to sort through recyclables and composting packaging at the sorting station with Millennium Kids.
- Providing a platform for charities such as Protect Ningaloo and Sea Shepherd to educate on their sustainability initiatives.
SDG Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
Objective: To provide a platform that brings local business, organisations, designers and creative projects to life within a conscious, salty space.
- Giving access to local ethical businesses to trade
- Creating a space for communities to be educated and empowered on wellbeing and sustainable living.
- Bringing diverse group of people together with key stakeholders to create change together.
SDG Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production
Objective: Reduce the impact single-use plastics are having on our oceans and land. We aim to be a 100% single use plastic-free, waste-free event.
- All vendors using compostable or recyclable packaging
- Making reusable readily available at the Mug Library for market comers to use and borrow
- Ingraining the ‘Reuse Revolution’ as a habit so people bring their reusables down
- Ensuring all businesses are screened for ethical production standards